We are all students
the beginner's mind
We Are All Students is a 5-hour workshop about Mindfulness. Based upon the work of Jon Kabat-Zinn and his research at the University of Massachusetts as well as the teachings of other mentors such as Sharon Salzberg and Shinzen Young, this workshop will be a mix of theory, science and practice.
When we tap into the wisdom of our inner experience through mindfulness meditation, the way we relate to our inner experience (our thoughts, our emotions and our body sensations) becomes more spacious, enabling us to take our practice out into the world to respond to life’s stresses as opposed to reacting with unhealthy habits, behaviors or excessive rumination.
In this workshop, our practice component will consist of diving into the different meditation techniques available to us under the umbrella of Mindfulness Meditation. Only you, as a practitioner will understand what meditation technique works best for you, as you practice over time.
- Introduce participants to the practice of Mindfulness by first setting some theory and context rooted in science, history and practice types
- Participants will actively take part (via discussion and exercise) to learn about the methodology of stress reduction as designed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn
- We will explore the different meditation techniques via on-site practice and identify resources to help guide our participant for their own self practice after the workshop is complete
- Meditation takes time to develop. We’re all students to our inner teacher, so this workshop seeks to inspire the participants to get started in a human to human environment
- Theory, Practice and Interaction
- 1 x 5 hours session or 2 sessions of 2.5 hours each
- The Muse Brain sensing meditation device will be available to try post workshop, however this workshop does not include the devices as part of the core practices we will explore
- Workshop materials will be provided
- Follow Up Resource Library will be provided
Ideal Workshop Environment:
- Private Hosted Events sponsored in select cities
- Yoga Studios, Mindfulness Spaces in select cities
- Corporate Events: Sales or Professional Services Conferences or Team Development sessions
To share the list of GOOD+HEC's workshops and programs with a relevant host, you can send a link to our Curriculum Overview by entering their email address below.